Are you facing Windows 8.1 Update failure problem? This Error applies for all versions of windows like Windows 10, Windows 8 & 8.1 and Windows 7.
Solutions For Windows 8.1 Update Failure:
Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your Windows machine. Also, I would suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates including the optional updates for drivers.
Uninstall or Disable Antivirus
If the above solution fails, uninstall Antivirus software and then try to upgrade to Windows 8.1. See if it helps.
Use the SFC /SCANNOW
To run the system file checker,
• Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear
• Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level
• However on the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
• If everything goes okay and no errors are found, restart your computer and try updating again
• After that If errors were found, try to fix it using DISM.
• On the same command prompt window type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Details on this here.
• After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try to update now.
Try Automatic Repair
• Go to ‘Search’. There, select “Settings” found on the right side and type Advanced Startup Options and hit enter.
• The action will open the PC Settings in General category. Scroll down and look for “Advanced Startup” and click Restart Now.
• Next, choose ‘Troubleshoot’ > Advanced options and finally hit Automatic Repair.
Refresh Your PC
Follow the above steps until you land on the PC Settings in General category. Scroll down and look for “Refresh your PC without Affecting your Files” and click Get Started when you are ready. Follow the instructions!
Still need help
Chat with our Technical Experts for further help and support