Error Code 643 is common for all the Windows Operating systems when you try to install the updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 7 update system is broken or if there is any network related glitches.
Usual causes for this Error Code 643 are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Firstly, I will suggest you to do Windows Troubleshoot for Error Code 643. Later, Disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update.
Procedure to Disable the Proxy Connection:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Goto Connections and LAN Settings
- Check to make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
Second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our technicians on chat support to guide you.
Repair and Solutions for Error Code 643:
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this Error 0x80070641 while updating Windows.
Steps to Repair Windows Services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any Windows Applications from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
This requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer. As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge based articles. Below are the steps simplified to reset your windows update services.
NOTE: Below steps will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Open command prompt as administrator by right clicking on it.
- Goto c:\windows\
- Rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line net stop wuauserv and hit enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- Then you can restart the windows update service
- Use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit enter
- Check for updates now.
SFC Scan to Fix Error Code 643:
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do this process. I will explain you the steps in detail on how to perform this scan.
- Firstly, open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Then type the below syntax on the command line window.
- SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter key.
This process may result positive note saying all the issues are resolved and the other side resulting to negative result could be that your windows is corrupted.
In this case, you should really work hard to reinstall windows operating system.
Creating a Backup of the data is important to ensure you will not lose your personal files.
In case you are facing any challenges to perform this method, we recommend you to contact our experienced Technical Team to assist you in this case, to help you resolve your issue in a better way.
We have fixed to resolve the issue in the first attempt for many users with us who gave us a positive feedback and also star ratings for this article
I am sure that any disaster that would have happened for a few is due to system hardware dependencies. An old computer that was upgraded from XP to 10 is certainly not compatible with these programs. It is a coincidence to have problems like 1 in 100.
We give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.