Error Code 0x80072f78 appears when there is an issue in installing windows updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 7 update system is broken or if there are any network related glitches
Usual causes for this Error Code 0x80072f78 are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Steps to Solve Error Code 0x80072f78:
- Run the Windows Troubleshoot program to detect the error Code 0x80072f78.
- If the above step fails, try to disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update.
Procedure to Disable the Proxy Connection is as Follows:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Goto Connections and LAN Settings
- Check to make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
NOTE: You can also check for any proxy settings within the Antivirus program. There are some proxy settings enabled under the settings of any security programs.
In addition to the above procedures, we too have advanced level troubleshooting involved for critical cases for error code 0x80072f78.
Repair and Solutions for Error Code 0x80072f78 :
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this Error 0x80072f78 while updating Windows.
Try the Below Steps to Repair Windows Services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
This requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer. As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge base articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
NOTE: following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Open command prompt as administrator by right clicking on it.
- Goto c:\windows\
- Rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line net stop wuauserv and hit enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- Then you can restart the windows update service
- Use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit enter
- Check for updates now.
SFC Scan to Fix Error Code 0x80072f78 :
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do this process. I will explain you the steps in detail on how to perform this scan.
- Firstly, open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Then type this below syntax on the command line window.
- SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter key
This process may result positive note saying all the issues are resolved and the flip side the negative result could be that your windows is corrupted.
In this case, you should really work hard to reinstall windows operating system.
Creating a Backup of the data is important to ensure you will not lose your personal files.
If you have troubles in doing this method, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
We have many users who got it resolved in their first attempt with us and had given many positive feedbacks and star ratings for this article.
And I am sure any disaster that would have happened for few are due to their system hardware dependencies. An old computer which got upgraded from XP to 10 or 7 to 10 is certainly not compatible for this programs. It is just a fluke to get such issues as 1 in 100.
We give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.